Updated: 24th May 2018
Maintaining your privacy and your trust is very important to us. We strive to be especially clear on how we use your personal information, if and when we collect it, and on the ways in which we can work together to protect your privacy.
This document is for compliance with the UK Data Protection & Privacy legislation and the Applied GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) also known as Regulation (EU)2016/679
- Identity and contact information of the data controller
- Legitimate interests of the data controller or third party
- Purpose of the processing and the lawful basis for the processing
- Categories of personal data to be processed
- Details of whether personal data came from direct or indirect sources
- Recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data
- Details of data transfers to a third country and safeguards
- Length of time personal data is processed and any criteria used to establish the length of time the data is processed
- Data Subject’s Rights (Your rights)
- Right to complain to the supervisory authority/regulator
- Details of any part of a statutory or contractual requirement and possible consequences of failing to provide the personal data
- The existence of any automated decision making, including profiling and information about how decisions are made
What products and services are covered by this policy?
For the purposes of the data protection & privacy legislation the Data Controller is:- Ovenu Franchising Limited (abbreviated to ‘we’ and/or ‘us’ throughout this notice)
Ovenu Franchising Limited is a Company Registered in England & Wales under Registration Number 3751822.
We are also registered at the Information Commissioner’s Office No.ZA225575
To contact us, please write to us at our Trading Address; Unit 3, Station Industrial Estate, Oxford Road, Wokingham Berkshire. RG41 2YQ or use Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will use the information we collect for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Make our Services work for you;
- Provide, operate, maintain, improve, personalise, and promote our Services;
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- Process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Communicate with you, including responding to your comments, questions, and requests; providing customer service and support;
- Providing you with information about services, transmitting technical notices, updates, security alerts, administrative messages, and occasional marketing messages;
- Providing other news or information about us;
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorised access to our Services and other illegal activities
We only process personal data on a legitimate interest basis that such processing is necessary in order to enter into or perform a contract for our service(s) or provide further information about our franchise opportunities and/or;
We and our franchisees will legitimately process data to confirm any and all bookings made in keeping with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 and/or;
We and our franchisees will process data to supply you with accurately prepared and costed quotations prior to commencing works based on information you provide us with either verbally or via our website contact forms.
Providing further information about our franchised business opportunity is often supplied over a number of communications and there is always the option to unsubscribe at any time to stop receiving further information electronically. To stop receiving communications via any other media (by post for example), you can request this in writing to our Trading Address above.
All of the above is processed on the basis we have a legitimate interest which is not overridden by the rights or freedoms of the affected data subjects.
Categories of personal data and Sources
What information do we collect from you, and how is it used?
You can visit our website without telling us who you are and without revealing any personal information about yourself. To provide full service however, we will most often need to collect some personal information. For instance, we collect information about you when you request a quotation or details of our franchise opportunity. The types of Information we collect may include email address, country of residence, your name, postal address and phone number.
We do not collect or process sensitive/special categories of personal data, nor facilitate processing personal data of data subjects under the age of consent (children).
For specific information on cookies, please refer to Aboutcookies.org
Logs: We may record certain information and store it in log files when you interact with our Services. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) or other device addresses or ID numbers as well as browser type, Internet service provider, URLs of referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, information you search for, locale and language preferences, your mobile carrier and system configuration information.
Analytics: We and our analytics providers also collect and store analytics information when you use our Services to help us improve our Services. We make sure this data is anonymous by not connecting any analytics data to personally identifiable data such as a name, email address, physical address or phone number.
How might we share information?
We are not in the business of renting or selling your personal information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we will share your personal information with third party data processors, as set out below:
The Ovenu business is run and operated as a Business Format Franchise under franchise agreement between Ovenu Franchising Limited and our franchisees.
Newsletter Service: We use a commercial application to facilitate our newsletter service and there is the opportunity to unsubscribe on each & every item.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement Requests; Protection of Our Rights: We may disclose your information (including your personal information) to a third party if:
- We believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request
- To protect the security or integrity of our products and services
- To protect our property, rights, and safety and that of our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities
- To respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person; or
- To investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations.
We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another person or company. And for clarity, this may include the change in proprietorship of a franchise territory. We will notify you of such a change in ownership or transfer of assets by posting a notice on our website and/or email as part of our contractual obligation to you.
The data controller does not transfer personal data outside of the United Kingdom or European Union. The data controller has ensured that adequate safeguards are in place with data processors acting on its behalf.
How long will we keep the personal data?
Retaining some data may be subject to a statutory retention period and this must be adhered to, (to keep certain data for a minimum period of time). This may include personal data (name, address, contact details), but on expiry of such statutory requirement, such data will be destroyed securely. Where possible any personally identifiable data will be anonymised or pseudonymised.
Your information we use for occasional marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information. Our backup routine keeps data for a rolling 30 day period after which time the data is removed from all systems.
Statutory or other requirements
We do not process personal data in respect of any statutory requirement nor require personal data to be supplied as part of any contractual agreement other than the franchise agreement with our franchisees however, in respect of the controller’s services, certain communications may not be possible without such personal data being supplied, for example an email to furnish you with updates information etc. or an address to fulfil an order.
Profiling and Automated Decision Making
No profiling or automatic decision making processes are undertaken by us in respect of any personal data processing activities.
Your fundamental rights as a Data Subject are:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right of rectification
- The right of erasure (often known as the right to be forgotten)
- The right to prevent processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automatic decision making and profiling
Under the right of access (2), you have the right to obtain:-
– confirmation that your data is being processed;
– access to your personal data; and
– other supplementary information
So that you are aware of and can verify the lawfulness of the processing, your right to access can be exercised by contacting the data controller as above.
Not all fundamental rights are absolute.
Your right to complain to the supervisory authority/regulator
You have the right to complain about organisations processing your personal data. You can exercise this right by contacting the supervisory authority of the data controller as follows:-
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
We regularly review and, where necessary, update our privacy information. If we plan to use personal data for a new purpose, we’ll update our privacy information and communicate the changes to individuals before starting any new processing.